|Join us on Saturday 30th September at 11am at the Beatles Statue, Pier Head, Liverpool |
PEACE from the threat of antisocial driving
SPACE to walk, cycle and play without fear
JUSTICE for the victims of road violence
Nationally there will be a minute’s silence at 12:00 in remembrance of all those have been victims on the roads.
World Car Free Day is 22 September 2023 and so the Merseyside community is putting on a weeklong series of events encouraging people to ditch their cars – and embrace fun, friends, family and freedom – by choosing fossil-free ways to get around.
With the help of the Merseyside Cycling Campaign, on Sunday 24 September the week culminates with a free, family friendly festival at Wavertree Mystery Park.
This will include live music and entertainment, stalls and workshops, and ends with an all-ages bike ride to the new urban parklet at Mann Island.
Schedule for the day
- Starts at 9am with the regular junior Parkrun
- At 10am market stalls will open and there’s a Love Wavertree ‘run a mile’ event
- Fun all day with Childwall Emporium on arts and crafts and Living Streets family activities, bike skills sessions for kids, treasure hunts, playground, plus Rainbow Rebels from 2pm and Liverpool Magic Circle member John the Great magician at 3pm
- Free Dr Bike sessions where local bike mechanics will give your bike the once over from 11am to 3pm
- Free bike maintenance workshops with Hollie from Energise Cycles at 12pm and 2pm
- Live music every hour from 11.30am, including Merseyside band Johnathan Kopf (11.30am), Liverpool’s Cheery (12.30pm), Ukulele Club (1.30pm), local solo act Andrew Stride (2.30pm) and Dog Brainz (3.30pm), who have just released their release their second album of “good time northern pop punk”
- Family bike ride leaves on National Cycle Route 56 to the town centre at 4pm – register for the ride by signing up the Aigburth Community Cycling Club here.
The event is being supported by Cycling UK and local councillors.
On the day we’ll have help from Aigburth Community Cycling Club, Cycle Liverpool, GoodGym, Liverpool City Council, Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, Liverpool John Moors University, Living Streets, LitterClear Volunteer, Love Wavertree, the Merseyside Cycling Campaign, ParkRun, Peloton Liverpool, the Penny Lane Wombles, Plastic Tactics, St John’s Ambulance, Sustrans, Transition Liverpool, Women on Bikes Liverpool, Zero Carbon Liverpool and more.
Even more events
Wednesday 20 September:
Ignite Liverpool is hosting a one-off special of their regular quick-fire talks series, asking people to speak to the theme ‘Merseyside 2030 – Zero Car City?’. Register to speak here. Register to attend here.
Friday 22 September:
Peloton Liverpool will be running a special student ‘Joy Ride’ on World Car Free Day itself, happening this year on 22 September. Sign up the Peloton group here and keep an eye out for details.
St Cuthbert’s primary school is also planning to open a playstreet for the day on Church Road in Old Swan.
Sunday 24 September:
Merseyside CTC will have a ride on Sunday 24 September leaving at 9.45am from Calisa coffee shop, 84 Childwall Priory Rd, Liverpool L16 7PF. It will arrive at the Mystery around 1pm. Full details on the club’s ‘Runs List’ here.
If you know of any more events happening, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Metal Birds to Metal Men’
Meet at the Liver Building at 10am
Ride to Crosby beach.
All welcome – bring your bike
MCC AGM 2023
Saturday 25th February 2023
CLICK HERE to download the slideshow presentations from the AGM.
Let’s try that new cycle lane on Lime Street together
Wednesday 10 August
Meet at St George’s Hall
Organised by Cycle Liverpool
Saturday 24 September 2022
Start at 11am Woolton Village Duck Pond L25 5JA
You can meet us on the way:
11.45am at Neighbourhood Cafe on Woolton Road,
12 pm in the Mystery at the central crossing where Cleo’s Cafe is parked
and 12.20pm at Crown Street Park.
Following Route 6
1pm Pier Head for picnic and speakers
Organised by Cycle Liverpool
SATURDAY 30 JULY
Located next to Chaffers’ running track, near the Glenwyllin Road entrance to the park.
Rimrose Valley Friends have organised music, food and entertainment on the day.
Merseyside Cycling Campaign is keen to have a stall at this free-to-enter event. We are looking for volunteers who can spare a few hours between 11am and 8pm on Saturday 30th July 2022 to help out on the stall.
It is sure to be a fun-packed day with lots of activities, so if you can spare a few hours please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
Saturday 18 June 2022 – 9.30am
Well… Wirral Council recently completed a fantastic new cycle route on Fender Lane. We want to say ‘thank you’ so we’re planning a group ride to show them that we mean it.
Local riders young and old are welcome to join the fun. Please gather from 9.30am. At 10am we will depart from the Bidston Station end of the route and ride into Moreton – once around Moreton Cross Roundabout then back along Fender Lane to our starting point.
Aside from showing our gratitude we want to spread the word that we want more safe routes like this. Routes that connect us to our friends, family and places of work.
See you there on the 18th June! Please spread the word far and wide to all who care about safe, sustainable transport
Bidston Station has two sets of steps from the platform, with no lift. The nearest step free access is Birkenhead North, lifts available then quick and quiet ride to Bidston Station.
Saturday 19 March 2022 • 11am–3pm
Lark Lane Community Centre • L17 8UU
• Get your bike fixed for free with our Dr Bike mechanics
• Find out how to choose which bike is right for you
• Find out about free group rides and free adult cycle training
• Liverpool’s plans for more cycle lanes
• Adapted cycles and inclusive cycling
• Get you bike security marked with the Community Police team
We need lots of people to volunteer an hour to help with the event. If you’re able to help please click on this link for more information and to sign up for an hour of volunteering.