Join MCC so that we are better able to work for more usable cycling facilities on Merseyside/ Liverpool City Region – to enable people who wish to cycle to do so!
However, the campaign relies on donations of time and money, so please volunteer or donate if you can.
ONLINE MEMBERSHIP FORM:
Merseyside Cycling Campaign (MCC) was set up in 1985. The campaign is run by volunteers who campaign to improve Merseyside/ Liverpool City Region issues and policies in relation to cycling. Local area groups help deal with specific issues for each Merseyside/ LCR area: Liverpool, St Helens, Knowsley, Wirral, Sefton, Halton.
Membership is open to anyone – cyclist or not – who supports our aims and objectives for safer cycling, traffic calming and a better, healthier environment!
• Find out what’s going on in Merseyside (cycling-wise)
• Representation at meetings with local authorities and other organisations
• Input on consultations relating to cycling
• Monthly meetings
• Voting rights at meetings
• Regular Pedal Press newsletter online
• E-group discussions of the latest issues
• Volunteering opportunities
What MCC does:
• Regular meetings
• Traffic surveys
• Monitors planning applications and road design schemes
• Collaborates with other organisations, such as pedestrian groups
• Campaigns on issues such as bus lanes, air pollution, safety
• Responds to transport-related consultations
• Participation in Cycle and Active Travel Fora
• Social bike rides
• Organises ‘Bike to Work’ days
• Enables and supports anyone to cycle within Merseyside/ Liverpool City Region
Follow us on social media: