We will be running a stall on Sunday 7th September, in Princes Park near the children’s playground, 8am to 2pm. This is in conjunction with the Sky ride preceding the start of the Tour of Britain 2014
Drop by for a chat!
Better late than never: Apologies that the last Edition of the PedalPress has only been added to our archive now, after the paper copy went out months ago. But here it is, in the PedalPress Section, or as a direct link: http://www.merseycycle.org.uk/pedal_press/ppsummer2014.pdf
Our submission to the Liverpool City Council sustainability commission, including references.
Please click the link below for a PDF file. (This is version 8)
The references are:
1. BBC website; News England: http://www.highwaysmagazine.co.uk/local-roads-too-dangerous-to-cycle-on-poll-suggests-20140703 and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28093374 (Accessed 3rd July 2014).
2. Hillman M, Adams J, Whitelegg J. In: One False Move. ISBN 0 85374 494 7
3. Wikipedia website: List of Preventable Causes of Death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_preventable_causes_of_death (Accesed 17th June 2014).
4. McCarthy M. The benefit of seatbelt legislation in the United Kingdom. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 1989, 43, 218-222
5. Travel independent website. http://www.travelindependent.org.uk/ (Accessed 17th June 2014).
6. Sustrans website; Health and Active Travel: http://www.sustrans.org.uk/policy-evidence/related-academic-research/health-and-active-travel (Accessed 03/07/14).
7. UK Government, Department of Health website: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publichealth/Healthimprovement/Obesity/DH_079713 (Accessed 03/07/14)
8. Jacobsen,PL; Racioppi,F; Rutter,H (2009) Who owns the roads? How motorised traffic discourages walking and bicycling, Injury Prevention, v15, pp369-373.
9. BBC website: Cyclist killer Gary McCourt: Crown loses appeal against ‘lenient’ sentence. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-24240127 (Accessed 17th June 2014).
10. The Jewish Chronicle Online: Mr Loophole defends rabbi death claim. http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/119731/mr-loophole-defends-rabbi-death-claim (Accessed 17th June 2014).
11. Public Health England website: http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1317141074607 (accessed 30/04/14)
12. Lindsay G, MacMillan A. Moving urban trips from cars to bicycles: impact on health and emissions. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. Feb 2011; Vol 35 (1) 54-60.
13. Bristol Local Government Website; City Council Cabinet minutes:
https://www.bristol.gov.uk/committee/2012/ua/ua000/0726_7.pdf (Accessed 03/07/14).
14. Merseyside Local Transport Plan website; LTP3: http://www.letstravelwise.org/content206_Local-Transport-Plan-3.html (Accessed 03/07/14)
15. Whitelegg J, Haq G. Vision Zero: Adopting a Target of Zero for Road Traffic Fatalities and Serious Injuries (2006), for the Stockholm Environment Institute, produced under a contract with the Department for Transport. http://sei-international.org/mediamanager/documents/Publications/Future/vision_zero_FinalReportMarch06.pdf
16. Vision Zero Merseyside; pdf document. www.wirralpedestrians.org.uk/files/vision_zero_merseyside.pdf (Accessed 17th June 2014).
17. Hong Kong Road Safety Council website; http://www.roadsafety.gov.hk/en/campaign/campaign20140502.html (Accessed 03/07/14)
18. CTC website; Space for Cycling: www.ctc.org.uk/spaceforcycling. (Accessed 03/07/14).
The next meeting of the Merseyside Cycling Campaign will be on the 28th of April, 6p.m. in the Baltic Fleet.
Don’t forget the AGM: We will meet at the same place as last year’s AGM, the Education Center of the Royal hospital, Prescot Street Liverpool. L7 8XP. All other information, check the events page.
21 November 2013