Our submission to the Liverpool City Council sustainability commission, including references.
Please click the link below for a PDF file. (This is version 8)
The references are:
1. BBC website; News England: http://www.highwaysmagazine.co.uk/local-roads-too-dangerous-to-cycle-on-poll-suggests-20140703 and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28093374 (Accessed 3rd July 2014).
2. Hillman M, Adams J, Whitelegg J. In: One False Move. ISBN 0 85374 494 7
3. Wikipedia website: List of Preventable Causes of Death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_preventable_causes_of_death (Accesed 17th June 2014).
4. McCarthy M. The benefit of seatbelt legislation in the United Kingdom. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 1989, 43, 218-222
5. Travel independent website. http://www.travelindependent.org.uk/ (Accessed 17th June 2014).
6. Sustrans website; Health and Active Travel: http://www.sustrans.org.uk/policy-evidence/related-academic-research/health-and-active-travel (Accessed 03/07/14).
7. UK Government, Department of Health website: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publichealth/Healthimprovement/Obesity/DH_079713 (Accessed 03/07/14)
8. Jacobsen,PL; Racioppi,F; Rutter,H (2009) Who owns the roads? How motorised traffic discourages walking and bicycling, Injury Prevention, v15, pp369-373.
9. BBC website: Cyclist killer Gary McCourt: Crown loses appeal against ‘lenient’ sentence. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-24240127 (Accessed 17th June 2014).
10. The Jewish Chronicle Online: Mr Loophole defends rabbi death claim. http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/119731/mr-loophole-defends-rabbi-death-claim (Accessed 17th June 2014).
11. Public Health England website: http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1317141074607 (accessed 30/04/14)
12. Lindsay G, MacMillan A. Moving urban trips from cars to bicycles: impact on health and emissions. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. Feb 2011; Vol 35 (1) 54-60.
13. Bristol Local Government Website; City Council Cabinet minutes:
https://www.bristol.gov.uk/committee/2012/ua/ua000/0726_7.pdf (Accessed 03/07/14).
14. Merseyside Local Transport Plan website; LTP3: http://www.letstravelwise.org/content206_Local-Transport-Plan-3.html (Accessed 03/07/14)
15. Whitelegg J, Haq G. Vision Zero: Adopting a Target of Zero for Road Traffic Fatalities and Serious Injuries (2006), for the Stockholm Environment Institute, produced under a contract with the Department for Transport. http://sei-international.org/mediamanager/documents/Publications/Future/vision_zero_FinalReportMarch06.pdf
16. Vision Zero Merseyside; pdf document. www.wirralpedestrians.org.uk/files/vision_zero_merseyside.pdf (Accessed 17th June 2014).
17. Hong Kong Road Safety Council website; http://www.roadsafety.gov.hk/en/campaign/campaign20140502.html (Accessed 03/07/14)
18. CTC website; Space for Cycling: www.ctc.org.uk/spaceforcycling. (Accessed 03/07/14).